NetworkManager Plugin

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Feb 14 16:28:59 CET 2018

Hey Max,

This is wonderful news. I'm happy to work with you to make sure this
comes out perfectly, and maybe when it's finished we can submit it
upstream to NetworkManager, similar to how systemd-networkd now has
WireGuard support built-in.

The biggest hurdle I currently see is entirely removing the dependency
on wg-quick and wg, and talking Netlink yourself to the kernel, just
like systemd-networkd does. It shouldn't be too hard to adopt the
libmnl-based code in wg(8) to be suitable for your usage; I can assist
with this. In general, the fwmark/routing logic of wg-quick should
probably be done in a NetworkManager-centric way, which means not
using wg-quick.

Looks like things are off to a great start!