[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180218` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Feb 18 21:37:54 CET 2018
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20180218`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* keygen-html: fix up copyright
Copy and paste errors.
* tools: do not collide types with libc clashes
* tools: FreeBSD doesn't have EAI_NODATA
* tools: fixup errno handling
* tools: endian.h is not portable
Fixes compilation and correctness several places.
* tools: allow in-line comments
You can now put a # comment anywhere in a line, in which case, it extends
until the end of the line.
* wg-quick: match from beginning rather than shift right
This raises the proper error when providing interface names that are too long.
* qemu: add support for powerpc
Now that we have known PPC users, it's probably a good thing to ensure we
don't introduce bugs, so PPC has been added to our CI on build.wireguard.com.
* poly1305: fix up selftest counter
Make sure we're using the right array length in the debug-mode-only
* netns: replace n0 ip with ip0, per custom
Fixes up console output consistency.
* qemu: more granular memleak detection
This avoids us getting memory leak errors due to upstream's power management
drivers leaking, or the like, when we're only interested in WireGuard memory
* socket: free skb if there isn't an endpoint
Fixes a memory leak.
* allowedips: indicate to clang-analyzer that trie is non-null
Hopefully future versions are slightly smarter...
* blake2s: use union instead of casting
Similarly fixes a clang-analyzer issue, as well as ensuring alignment.
* tools: normalize strncpy/snprintf usage
* contrib: add embeddable wireguard library
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard