[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180118` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Jan 18 16:43:46 CET 2018
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20180118`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* receive: treat packet checking as irrelevant for timers
Small simplification to the state machine, as discussed with Mathias
* socket: check for null socket before fishing out sport
* wg-quick: ifnames have max len of 15
* tools: plug memleak in config error path
Important bug fixes.
* external-tests: add python implementation
Piotr Lizonczyk has contributed a test vector written in Python.
* poly1305: remove indirect calls
From Samuel Neves, we now are in a better position to mitigate speculative
* curve25519: modularize implementation
* curve25519: import 32-bit fiat-crypto implementation
* curve25519: import 64-bit hacl-star implementation
* curve25519: resolve symbol clash between fe types
* curve25519: wire up new impls and remove donna
* tools: import new curve25519 implementations
* contrib: keygen-html: update curve25519 implementation
Two of our Curve25519 implementations now use formally verified C. Read this
mailing list post for more information:
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard