[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180708` Available

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Jul 10 21:07:34 CEST 2018

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:38:24 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> I might not be understanding you correctly. Do you mean to suggest
> that removing simd_relax() actually harms performance now? That having
> it in there helps performance?

Actually no, after your message I swapped kernels again to recheck, and nope,
now the one with simd_relax removed appears faster a bit as it should be (by
about 5%).

Perhaps it was something else, maybe my test bench is not ideal: both
"dual-core" VMs run on the same 8-core FX-8350, which has some of its cores
coupled to share resources, so at the scheduler's whim VMs can probably affect
each other. (Will try further tests with affinity pinning).

--
With respect,
Roman