android feature request: integration with data usage settings

Jaron Kent-Dobias jaron-wg at kent-dobias.com
Tue Jul 31 22:50:24 CEST 2018

Hello,

I've been using the wireguard kernel module on my android 8.1 device for
a while, and it's been a dream. However, I noticed recently that
settings in Apps -> [App Here] -> Data Usage, like disabling an apps'
ability to use cellular data, become moot while the tunnel is on because
all the data is associated with wireguard in the eyes of that interface.
It would be nice if wireguard somehow respected these settings!

I've never done android development so I don't know where to start, but
would take a crack at it myself with some direction.

Jaron