Kernel lockup with (debian) 4.16.0-2-rt-amd64

Paul Hedderly paul at mjr.org
Tue Jun 12 23:42:47 CEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-12 at 23:35 +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the useful bug report. I'll have a fix for it soon.

What a star :)

It's times like this I love being a invovled in OS and a linux
sysadmin. Forced to use a windows VD and o365 for work... and can't
imagine getting the frequent bugs I hit in both fixed so easily. Or
ever. Hit a windows explorer bug that's been a pain since at least
windows xp today!

> Thanks, also, for bringing Debian's rt kernel to my attention. Seems
> like this might be a good testing platform.

There are times the -rt- kernels are a bit behind, they are not always
built with every experimental/unstable/testing kernel, but for audio
work it is very nice to have them.