Ubuntu Error when trying to launch wireguard

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 22:27:09 CEST 2018

I am trying to run wireguard server on Bionic ARM processor.

After following the installation instructions and creating my server config
file I get the following error when I run

root at odroidxu4:~# wg-quick up wg0

Warning: `/etc/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

[#] ip link add wg0 type wireguard

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

Unable to access interface: Protocol not supported

[#] ip link delete dev wg0

Cannot find device "wg0"

I have followed these steps.

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireguard/wireguard
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wireguard
wg genkey | tee privatekey | wg pubkey > publickey

Create w0.conf file

Any help would be appreciated...I catch a plane tomorrow and was hoping to
have this up and running to use while i am traveling.

thanks,

Glen