PostUp/PreUp/PostDown/PreDown Dangerous?

Reto Brunner brunnre8 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 21:16:54 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 09:07:43AM -0500, Andy Dorman wrote:
> So, while it should be obvious, it wouldn't hurt to add a short warning (in
> bold) to the wg-quick man page that lets these "amateur" users know of the
> potential danger.

The issue being that people do not tend to read the man pages.
I don't disagree that this might be useful for some, but don't get your
hopes up too much...

The type of user who actually needs this warning tends to not want to
put in any effort whatsoever in understanding how stuff works, they just want the end result.

This is at least my experience from several Linux irc channels, where
half the questions could be answered by `man $program_I_have_issues_with`