[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180304` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Mar 4 18:54:23 CET 2018
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20180304`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* NOTICE: off the grid
Do note that I'll be going off the grid from the end of this coming week until
April 1. This snapshot is expected to be fairly stable in the interim.
* queueing: skb_reset: mark as xnet
This allows cgroups to classify packets.
* contrib: embedded-wg-library: add ability to add and del interfaces
* contrib: embedded-wg-library: add key generation functions
The embeddable library gains a few extra tricks, for people implementing
plugins for various network managers.
* crypto: read only after init
* allowedips: fix comment style
* messages: MESSAGE_TOTAL is unused
* global: in gnu code, use un-underscored asm
* noise: fix function prototype
* compat: workaround netlink refcount bug
An upstream refcounting bug meant that in certain situations it became
impossible to unload the module. So, we work around it in the compat code. The
problem has been fixed in 4.16.
We nearly moved away from emscripten'ing the fiat32 code, but the resultant
* Kconfig: require DST_CACHE explicitly
Required for certain frankenkernels.
* compat: use correct -include path
Fixes certain out-of-tree build systems.
* noise: align static_identity keys
Gives us better alignment of private keys.
* wg-quick: if resolvconf/interface-order exists, use it
* wg-quick: if resolvconf/run/iface exists, use it
Better compatibility with Debian's resolvconf.
* contrib: add extract-handshakes kprobe example
Small utility for extracting ephemeral key data from the kernel's memory. More
information can be found here:
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard