Roaming between IPv4 and IPv6?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Mar 6 23:14:07 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:08 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> I think the idea of configuring both v4 and v6 on startup and caching
> them is a reasonable idea. Maybe even configure all available addresses
> when doing the initial DNS lookup? Or is that awkward to do?

You mean taking one v4 and one v6? That's probably possible. Since
getaddrinfo has complicated ordering logic, this probably be best
expressed as something like "endpoint" and "secondary endpoint" when
told by userspace, with them then being swapped when the FIB complains
about trying to route to one of them.