add/remove a peer

ST smntov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 20:32:47 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm learning WireGuard and have a question regarding adding/removing a
peer.

Is there something like:

1) wg add peer ABCDEF... allowed-ips 192.168.88.0/24 endpoint
209.202.254.14:8172

and by default, if some(/all) values are not provided - WG will generate
them on its own. E.g. if IP is not provided - it will scan all known IPs
and choose a new one (with /32) from the range that was mentioned with
`ip address add dev wg0` command. This way system administrator doesn't
have to choose IPs manually for new clients (doing so manually is
boring, time consuming and error prone). The same for the keys: the
server will generate the pair of keys - the public (together with the
new IP) keep for itself to set a new peer/client. And the private key
together with 0.0.0.0/0 (or the range mentioned with `ip address add dev
wg0` command) print as output to be used for setting up a new client.

So adding a new client on server could look like this:

wg add peer persistent-keepalive 25  endpoint vpn0.example.org:22000 >
wg0.conf

Where wg0.conf will look like:

[Interface]
PrivateKey = ui4AN....AbhwcvHWo=
ListenPort = 22000

[Peer]
PublicKey = ViCKc...gQp43rp7BHM=
AllowedIPs = 10.0.0.0/8
Endpoint = vpn0.example.org:22000
PersistentKeepalive = 25

wg0.conf can now be encrypted, let's say with PGP and sent to the new
client to be placed under /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf. Super easy even for
not so tech-savvy folks...

2) similar for removing clients:

wg rm peer ABCDEF...
or
wg rm peer allowed-ips 192.168.88.4/32

Is this implemented already or should I file it as a feature request
somewhere? (if so - where?)

Thank you!