Need for HW-clock independent timestamps

Reuben Martin reuben.m.work at gmail.com
Sun May 13 01:05:37 CEST 2018

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 2:29:24 PM CDT Axel Neumann wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your replies. But as you can see from my comments below
> this all does not look like a valid option for many embedded use cases.

Perhaps it might make sense to add functionality for WG to request a timestamp
from peers and to reply to TS requests so long as they are signed with a valid
key.

Implementing the WG side of a TS exchange would probably be fairly trivial,
but I don’t know what is involved to take the received timestamp and use that
to set the system clock. That part might present a whole can of worms that
Jason may not want to deal with.

-Reuben