Need for HW-clock independent timestamps

reiner otto augustus_meyer at yahoo.de
Sun May 13 06:57:10 CEST 2018

Having implemented this solution already, I consider it some type of hack, as the standard time sync unfortunately happens very late in the start of the services,  after rc.local called. And the sync might take quite some time.

Which means, I had to "hack"  the time sync immediately after WAN up, and to be done in a single shot, before starting WG.

It might be a reasonable workaround, as a standard new option in openwrt, to allow immediate time sync after WAN up, instead of the graceful sync much later.

However, as a real RTC is rather cheap, it might be a good idea, in case of commercial apps, to ask the supplier of the device to be used  for the inclusion of a RTC.
The more requests, the better the chances to find more devices with RTC included.