Multiple (client-)peers with same keys possible ?

Ivan Labáth labawi-wg at matrix-dream.net
Tue May 15 23:39:55 CEST 2018

Hi,

as said, I don't concieve a reasonable way of using the same key.
Wireguard routes and needs to identify and know its clients.

That said, I don't see a reason why the clients couldn't have similar
private keys.

e.g.

Server:

Private = PrivateKey

[Peer1]
Pubkey = secret_to_public(notreallysecret..001)
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.1/16

[Peer2]
Pubkey = secret_to_public(notreallysecret..002)
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.2/16

I would carefully consider security consequences and possible
alternatives before deploying such a scheme.

Cheers,
ivan