[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180519` Available

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat May 19 02:31:19 CEST 2018

Hello,

A new snapshot, `0.0.20180519`, has been tagged in the git repository.

Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.

With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.

== Changes ==

  * chacha20poly1305: add mips32 implementation

  "The OpenWRT Commit" - this significantly speeds up performance on cheap
  plastic MIPS routers, and presumably the remaining MIPS32r2 super computers
  out there.

  * timers: reinitialize state on init
  * timers: round up instead of down in slack_time
  * timers: remove slack_time
  * timers: clear send_keepalive timer on sending handshake response
  * timers: no need to clear keepalive in persistent keepalive

  Andrew He and I have helped simplify the timers and remove some old warts,
  making the whole system a bit easier to analyze.

  * tools: fix errno propagation and messages

  Error messages are now more coherent.

  * wg-quick: use invoking shell in auto rooting

  Rather than letting sudo use bash from PATH, we now have it use whatever bash
  is currently executing the script.

  * device: remove allowedips before individual peers

  This avoids an O(n^2) traversal in favor of an O(n) one. Before systems with
  many peers would grind when deleting the interface.

  * dns-hatchet: update paths

  Our reorganizing of the wg-quick bash paths was not sync'd with this patch,
  resulting in some trivial problems for Fedora and OpenSUSE.

  * compat: backport for OpenSUSE 15

  Usual compat fixes.

  * wg-quick: add darwin implementation

  We released a Darwin implementation of wg-quick(8), to be used with the new
  wireguard-go snapshot.

  * wg-quick: darwin: ensure socket directory exists
  * wg-quick: darwin: remove v6 routes after shutdown
  * wg-quick: darwin: bash correctness
  * wg-quick: darwin: restore DNS on down
  * wg-quick: darwin: use bash from environment and require bash 4+
  * wg-quick: darwin: sometimes there are no network services
  * wg-quick: darwin: avoid routing loop if no default
  * wg-quick: darwin: networksetup does not like missing stdio
  * wg-quick: darwin: reorder functions
  * wg-quick: darwin: simpler inclusion check

  After a pretty intense first few days of the new macOS port, we've fixed a few
  bugs and improved functionality of wg-quick(8).

  * ncat-client-server: add wg-quick variant

  We now have client-quick.sh that does the same as client.sh except it builds a
  file for wg-quick(8), which can then be used in `wg-quick up demo`.

This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld and René van Dorst.

As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .

This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20180519.tar.xz
  SHA2-256: 8846b3006c3f7e079bb38a4c985ccc2981e259f56c927b4cf47cbc1420e1c462
  BLAKE2b-256: fc2089b0e941398423bc312d16664fa5af9eb00ca3a99eb5a4624443fc4d9f13

If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
snapshot.

Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld