[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180531` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu May 31 01:54:23 CEST 2018
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20180531`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* compat: don't clash with get_random_u32 backports
This should allow running on recent Qualcomm msm8998 kernels.
* wg-quick: determine IPs when saving interface
* wg-quick: darwin: add multiple IP addresses
* wg-quick: freebsd: configure as p2p link
* wg-quick: darwin: set DNS servers after delay on route change
Usual set of wg-quick changes, since the recent cross platform additions.
* curve25519: x86_64: satisfy sparse
* curve25519: x86_64: make symbol static
* crypto: consistent constification
Small cleanups in the crypto primitives.
* chacha20poly1305: split up into separate files
* chacha20poly1305: combine stack variables into union
* chacha20poly1305: test scattergather functions too
* chacha20poly1305: test for authtag failure
We've reorganized our chapoly implementation and added lots of new tests as
well. The generic C chacha should be slightly faster in the process.
* poly1305: mips: compute S on fly
Small speedup on MIPS.
* device: do not assume dst is always valid
Fixes a crash when forwarding packets from devices that use flow offloading.
* tools: constanter time encoding
Not essential, but nice to have.
This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld and René van Dorst.
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard