[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20181119` Available

Jordan Glover Golden_Miller83 at protonmail.ch
Mon Nov 19 19:04:31 CET 2018

On Monday, November 19, 2018 6:27 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A new snapshot, `0.0.20181119`, has been tagged in the git repository.
>
> Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
> in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
> considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
> stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
> However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
> its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
>
> With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
> few relevant changes.
>
> == Changes ==
>
> -   chacha20,poly1305: fix up for win64
> -   poly1305: only export neon symbols when in use
> -   poly1305: cleanup leftover debugging changes
> -   crypto: resolve target prefix on buggy kernels
> -   chacha20,poly1305: don't do compiler testing in generator and remove xor helper
> -   crypto: better path resolution and more specific generated .S
> -   poly1305: make frame pointers for auxiliary calls
> -   chacha20,poly1305: do not use xlate
>
>     This should fix up the various build errors, warnings, and insertion errors
>     introduced by the previous snapshot, where we added some significant
>     refactoring. In short, we're trying to port to using Andy Polyakov's original
>     perlasm files, and this means quite a lot of work to re-do that had stableized
>     in our old .S.
>
>     This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld and Samuel Neves.
>
>     As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
>     information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
>
>     This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
>     https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20181119.tar.xz
>     SHA2-256: 7d47f7996dd291069de4efb3097c42f769f60dc3ac6f850a4d5705f321e4406b
>     BLAKE2b-256: 7691db05dbdc6619700f8334ebf258c6160ae2d6f481ef98475f0c5c2627b3a6
>
>     A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
>     https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20181119.tar.asc
>     Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE
>
>     If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
>     you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
>     snapshot.
>
>     Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
>     have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
>
>     Thank you,
>     Jason Donenfeld

It fails to build for me (doing in-kernel build with Linux 4.20rc3 and WireGuard/contrib/kernel-tree/create-patch.sh) with below message:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'net/wireguard/crypto/zinc/chacha20/chacha20-x86_64.o', needed by 'net/wireguard/built-in.a'.  Stop.

There is also following warn when applying wireguard patch:

diff: /WireGuard/src/**/*.S_shipped: No such file or directory

Jordan