Wireguard not coming up on DD-wrt

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Oct 9 21:18:54 CEST 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM Sebastian Gottschall
<s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de> wrote:

> just to make sure. since i'm updating wireguard in dd-wrt very often to the latest state of art code from git.

Do not do this. Rather, use snapshots. If you're distributing builds
based on git master, you're putting your users at unnecessary risk.
The only safe and acceptable distribution of WireGuard is using the
latest snapshot tarball. When you use git master, you're not getting
the "latest state of art code", you're getting "jason's 5am
force-pushes and wacky ideas pre-codereview." On the other hand, when
you use snapshots, you're getting code that I've spent some time
reviewing and double checking to make sure it won't murder kittens and
related atrocities.