Go modules wireguard-windows

Mueller, Harald (IOT DS EVO OPS APS DIN) Harald.Mueller at evosoft.com
Thu Apr 4 16:37:47 CEST 2019

Hi,

i'm facing an issue while using wiregard-windows

if I want to use the go-code in a GOMODE111=on environment as an library, I got:

go: finding github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-windows latest
go: github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-windows at v0.0.0-20190403001455-973f02c9d29d: parsing go.mod: go.mod:5: invalid module version "latest": version must be of the form v1.2.3
go.mod:6: invalid module version "latest": version must be of the form v1.2.3
go.mod:7: invalid module version "latest": version must be of the form v1.2.3
go.mod:8: invalid module version "latest": version must be of the form v1.2.3
go.mod:9: invalid module version "latest": version must be of the form v1.2.3
go: error loading module requirements

that is fine if you use it direct, but not if you use it as an package for own code.

It would be better to note fixed versions in the code.
To get the latest versions for your build script, you can use a go get -u just before go build.

It would be nice to change the repo in that way, to enable further usage of your work.

Thanks in advantage

Harald