Support FIDO2/CTAP2 security tokens as keystore

Reto reto at labrat.space
Fri Aug 23 08:19:51 CEST 2019

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:54:56AM +0200, Rene 'Renne' Bartsch, B.Sc. Informatics wrote:
> Anyone with access to the running machine or malicious software can read the
> keys on hard-disk.

No. That depends entirely on how you set it up. Permissions are a thing and you
don't need to constantly keep the corresponding storage unlocked either.

> How do you de-crypt the encrypted disk on a headless machine which has to
> reboot autonomously on error conditions?

How do you do that with a security token? It's the same issue really.
Either allow ssh access without the tunnel or use a serial connection or
vitalization thereof to unlock the secret and bring up the vpn.

> The point of security-tokens is you never get access to the private key.

Yes, my point is wg already allows you to do that, so what more do you need?