Keep-alive does not keep the connection alive

Laszlo KERTESZ laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 09:43:32 CEST 2019

> As a workaround you could
>   - unconditionally periodically update the endpoint
>   - monitor last handshake time, when large update endpoint or restart
>     tunnel
>   - add keepalive to server - it might reduce your downtime

Keepalive does not seem to work in my experience.
On Linux i set up a recurrent script that tests connection to the wg tunnel
gateway and restarts the connection if the connection test fails.
But on Android this is not possible without additional tools running in
background that will use battery and negate wireguard's benefits.