[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20191205` Available

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Dec 5 11:55:38 CET 2019

Hello,

A new snapshot, `0.0.20191205`, has been tagged in the git repository.

Please note that this snapshot is a snapshot rather than a final
release that is considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally
thought to be fairly stable, and most likely will not crash your
computer (though it may).  However, as this is a snapshot, it comes
with no guarantees; it is not applicable for CVEs.

With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevant changes.

== Changes ==

  * wg-quick: linux: suppress error when finding unused table

  This fixes a spurious warning messages seen with recent versions of iproute2
  and kernels.

  * wg-quick: linux: ensure postdown hooks execute
  * wg-quick: linux: have remove_iptables return true
  * wg-quick: linux: iptables-* -w is not widely supported

  Adding in iptables had some hiccups. For the record, I'm very unhappy about
  having to put any firewalling code into wg-quick(8). We'll of course need to
  support nftables too at some point if this continues. I'm investigating with
  upstream the possibility of adding a sysctl to patch the issue that iptables
  is handling now, so hopefully at somepoint down the line we'll be able to shed
  this dependency once again.

  * send: use kfree_skb_list
  * device: prepare skb_list_walk_safe for upstreaming
  * send: avoid touching skb->{next,prev} directly

  Suggestions from LKML.

  * ipc: make sure userspace communication frees wgdevice

  Free things properly on error paths.

This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld.

As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .

This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20191205.tar.xz
  SHA2-256:
  BLAKE2b-256:

A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20191205.tar.asc
  Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE

If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
snapshot.

Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld