[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Dec 9 16:34:46 CET 2019

On Mon 2019-12-09 11:12:23 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
> Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
> tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
> WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.

Congratulations!  This is excellent news.

I know the path to this process is a long and winding one, and involves
lots of changes and compromises.  but i am really glad that this project
has stuck through it all.  The additional reach for the project (both in
terms of users and in terms of developer eyeballs) is huge.

Looking forward to thinking through what possibilities open up next
here...

    --dkg