Unable to create Wintun Interface

Simon Rozman simon at rozman.si
Thu Dec 12 10:53:12 CET 2019

Please check if you have any network adapter that has a name similar to the
tunnel name you are trying to use (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network
Connections). WireGuard needs to have a network adapter with the name that
corresponds to the tunnel name. In your case, it fails naming it.

Maybe you named your Ethernet/Wifi adapter as "MyCompany", and then created a
WireGuard tunnel with the same name "MyCompany". Maybe you have a WiFi SSID
named "MyCompany". Try picking different name for your WireGuard tunnel. Other
than WireGuard tunnel and adapter names must be aligned internal limitation,
the name of the tunnel doesn't play any significant role. You can select a
different name (e.g. "MyCompanyWG", "wg0", etc.) and try again.

Best regards,

Simon