[ANNOUNCE] wireguard-linux-compat v0.0.20191226 released

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Dec 26 18:03:15 CET 2019

Hello,

A new version, v0.0.20191226, of the backported WireGuard kernel module for
3.10 <= Linux <= 5.5.y has been tagged in the git repository.

Please note that until Linux 5.6 is released, this snapshot is a
snapshot rather than a secure final release.

== Changes ==

  This new wireguard-linux-compat.git repository replaces the older WireGuard.git's
  kernel module subdirectory, offering compatibility for kernels 3.10 to 5.5.
  There should be no functional changes from the previous 0.0.20191219 snapshot
  from WireGuard.git, but there may be build nits. Please send feedback as
  issues may be encountered. This corresponds with the recent tools split into
  the wireguard-tools repo.  We've tried to retain as much of the git history
  for the tools as possible. It's still slightly possible that the repository
  may be rebased a bit during this week and next, if we receive reports of
  missing history, but hopefully what's there now will form the basis.

  The versioning scheme for these will be major.minor.date -- so basically
  semver, but we encode the date as the last nibble, so that it's easier for
  humans to keep track of how old things are.

  For now, we'll retain the 0.0.date version for this repo. When Linux 5.6
  lands, we'll cut a new 1.0.date release.

  In case this is confusing, see https://www.wireguard.com/repositories/ for a
  list of all WireGuard-related repositories and detailed descriptions.

As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/
and information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .

This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/snapshot/wireguard-linux-compat-0.0.20191226.tar.xz
  SHA2-256: 7c0e576459c6337bcdea692bdbec561719a15da207dc739e0e3e60ff821a5491

A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/snapshot/wireguard-linux-compat-0.0.20191226.tar.asc
  Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE
  Remember to unxz the tarball before verifying the signature.

If you're a package maintainer, please bump your package version. If you're a
user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest version.

Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld