Android / IPv6 Tunnel / Application connection problems

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Sat Feb 9 18:47:51 CET 2019

Hello,

when trying to route ::/0 (only; no IPv4) on Android 9 using
latest wireguard app on mobile network I experience the following
behaviour:

* chrome works
* nextcloud works
* hangouts works
* mattermost works
* whatsapp works
* instagram works
* roundcube works

* analytics gets stuck shortly, then works

* sbb app cannot establish a connection
* skype does not load
* mystrom app does not work ("check your internet connection")
* twitter says "cannot retrieve activity at this time"

Has anyone seen this kind of split behaviour before?

The apps *do* work with native IPv6 on WiFi.

If required, I can provide access to the same VPN for testing.

Best,

Nico

p.s.: The configuration file I used on the phone is

[Interface]
PrivateKey = ....
ListenPort = 51280
Address = 2a0a:e5c1:110::/48

[Peer]
PublicKey = hi60lGP+xEUQ+kVnqA7PlJAO1SVqTS1W36g0LhFP0xQ=
Endpoint = vpn-2a0ae5c1.ungleich.ch:51820
AllowedIPs = ::/0

--
Your Swiss, Open Source and IPv6 Virtual Machine. Now on www.datacenterlight.ch.