binary module for arch?

Christian Hesse mail at eworm.de
Tue Jan 1 21:54:11 CET 2019

Jordan Glover <Golden_Miller83 at protonmail.ch> on Tue, 2019/01/01 12:44:
> On Monday, December 31, 2018 5:11 PM, John <graysky at archlinux.us> wrote:
>
> > My recommendation is to change the wording under the command on your
> > install page to something like: "Users of the distro provided kernels
> > (linux and linux-lts) may download the requisite corresponding
> > precompiled wireguard module. Users of custom kernels will require the
> > wireguard-dkms package and corresponding kernel headers to compile the
> > module."
> >

> This isn't strictly true as there are distro provided kernels
> (linux-hardened and linux-zen) which don't have wireguard binary modules
> available. Below would be more appropriate:
>
> "Users of linux and linux-lts kernels may download the requisite
> corresponding precompiled wireguard module. Users of other kernels will
> require the wireguard-dkms package and corresponding kernel headers to
> compile the module."

I would propose another change in wording as you do not download modules but
packages:

"Users of linux and linux-lts kernels may download the requisite
corresponding precompiled wireguard module package. Users of other kernels
will require the wireguard-dkms package and corresponding kernel headers to
compile the module."

Installing wireguard-tools package with pacman gives info about optional
dependencies, so the name of the required packages should be obvious.
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris