Traffic flow stopping

Kalin KOZHUHAROV me.kalin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:13:27 CET 2019

Hello Mike,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 3:20 AM Mike O'Connor <mike at oeg.com.au> wrote:
> So I've been using Wireguard to route part of my class C to my home for
> about 4 months now, but for the last few days the traffic stops for a
> short while every few minutes.

Does it start on its own "after few minutes"?

> route part of my class C

Your configs show "allowed ips: 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0" that is you are
routing everything at wireguard level.
Or are you filtering/mangling in iptables ("fwmark: 0xca6c") only?

> I can not think of anything which has changed, turning OpenVPN back on
> fixes everything. I've tried reducing the keepalive thinking the NAT
> route could have been the issue but that has not help.

"turning OpenVPN back on" ?? What/where do you do that?

When ping fails, check your next hop:
ip route get 8.8.8.8

It may mess up your default route, examine network config before/after
"turning on OpenVPN"...
bash -c "ip addr; ip route; wg; cat /etc/resolv.conf; ip route get
8.8.8.8; ping -c3 8.8.8.8"

> Any ideas ? Any more tests or debug (if you tell me how) I could provide ?

Anything changing periodically like services that die and are
restarted, cronjobs?

Cheers,
Kalin.