[Android] Wireguard on the Amazon FireTV stick

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chmd at chmd.fr
Tue Jan 8 13:53:25 CET 2019

> I guess it allows also a full shell... adb shell ?

Yes, adb shell works.

> No way to plug USB keyboard?

A keyboard would not help, you can't focus the area I need with the arrows.
You need a mouse. It is also impossible to connect a Bluetooth mouse on the
Fire TV stick (only on the regular Fire TV [1]).

> Or better controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmuXuYI288

This is their smartphone app, it does not give you better control of the
UI, it is just a virtual remote.

> https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-android/tree/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml#n49

So I guess the correct intent would be
com.wireguard.android.action.SET_TUNNEL_UP, but I guess I need to provide
the name of the interface as a payload? Thanks for the pointer, I'll dig in
the code to see how the payload needs to be provided.

[1]: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201739960 "You
cannot connect a keyboard or mouse to Fire TV Stick."