RFC: wg syncpeers wg0 wireguard.conf

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Jun 14 20:09:38 CEST 2019

Hey Lonnie,

If your changes are user-facing, it's probably not a good idea to
create confusion by introducing distro-specific subcommands.

I'm leaning toward Steven's suggestion of nixing addconf and making
setconf behave like syncconf. But two hurdles remain:

- walk_remove_by_peer is very inefficient. That *must* be to be
improved for this to be feasible. There's some interesting algorithms
programming in allowedips.c to be tackled for that. Maybe
node->peer_list can be used. (CC'ing Ivan in case he wants to put his
mind to work on that.)
- A decision needs to be made on consistency: do we want to read back
the end result and compare it? Or will that kind of looping logic lead
to other types of DoS or latency spikes?