Fwd: bypassing wireguard using firejail

Steve Dodd steved424 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:18:39 CEST 2019

[sent to author only originally by mistake - I hate Gmail]

On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 12:56, Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am able to bypass the VPN by using firejail (which is a
> sandbox program to run untrusted applications).

I'm not 100% clear on your setup .. Have you got a network namespace set
up? If not, you haven't got much security anyway, I suspect. It turns out
it's not too hard .. you're welcome to my hacky scripts if you're
interested.

Not sure if firejail would still be able to escape a network namespace by
default, but I'm sure it's possible to drop a capability somewhere or
similar if it is.

S.