Request to change IPv4 preference - mobile apps

Will Tisdale will at z3n.uk
Tue May 7 18:28:41 CEST 2019

Hi Nico,

Not sure how that would work with WireGuard being a stateless protocol.
It also sounds a bit racey given that both v4 and v6 addresses would be
flinging packets at essentially the same endpoint.

I think the ‘proper’ way is to use the address returned in the AAAA record
if one exists. If people’s setup is so broken that it becomes an issue,
they
will likely have worse issues than WG not working. :)

Preferring v4 does weird things like WG using DNS64 addresses over real
v6 addresses too - and using NAT64 instead of native v6 is really broken
behaviour.

Cheers,

-Will