[ANNOUNCE] wgctrl-go (formerly wireguardctrl) moved to WireGuard organization

Matt Layher mdlayher at gmail.com
Mon May 13 18:25:12 CEST 2019

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce that wgctrl-go (formerly wireguardctrl) has been
moved to the WireGuard organization. I'd like to thank Jason for this
offer, and for his help in making the transition happen as smoothly as
possible.

Package wgctrl is a Go package which enables control of WireGuard
interfaces on multiple platforms.

The new repository can be found at
https://github.com/WireGuard/wgctrl-go. It was previously my personal
project at https://github.com/mdlayher/wireguardctrl, which now
redirects to the new location.

The expected Go import path is now "golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/wgctrl",
and code which makes use of this package must be updated accordingly,
including the package name switch from "wireguardctrl" to "wgctrl".
Documentation can be viewed at
https://godoc.org/golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/wgctrl.

At the moment, wgctrl-go supports configuring both Linux kernel and
userspace WireGuard devices on UNIX platforms, but Windows support is
actively being worked on. My intent is to add support for configuring
any type of WireGuard device under a unified Go interface, so please do
reach out if you're building a new implementation for a different
platform which does not make use of the userspace configuration protocol.

If you run into any trouble with wgctrl-go, feel free to reply to this
email, file an issue, or reach out on #wireguard on freenode.

Thanks for your time,
Matt Layher