Working on change for: genetlink: make policy common to family

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 14 22:50:16 CEST 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 16:21:10 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 15:24:53 -0500,
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>>On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 14:52:13 -0500,
>>Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>>>Wireguard isn't building on 5.2 right now because of commit:
>>>3b0f31f2b8c9fb348e4530b88f6b64f9621f83d6 genetlink: make policy common to family

I'm slowly trying to work on this, but if someone who knows what they are
doing wants to just get it done, feel free.

The commit that breaks things was developed on an old enough kernel that
it was a problem with the compat stuff being out of sync. I'm trying various
merge points to try to find a good place to test if there is a separate
problem or if my change for that one is bad. The builds take a while so
this hasn't been happening quickly.