Working on change for: genetlink: make policy common to family

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 15 13:06:36 CEST 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 05:50:14 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>I think 8cb081746c031fb164089322e2336a0bf5b3070c netlink: make
>validation more configurable for future strictness, might be the other
>commit causing problems. Some nla functions have changed. It looks
>like renamed, deprecated versions of the functions will exist for a
>while. So it should be easy for me to test this today. In the long
>using the deprecared functions will not be desired.

Wireguard built with the deprecated versions of nlmsg_parse and
nla_parse_nested (and .policy moved to genl_family), but I'm still getting:
Unable to modify interface: Invalid argument
When running:
wg setconf wg0 /etc/wireguard/config

So I still don't know if I'm doing something wrong or missing yet another
change.