[Openvpn-devel] Wintun performance results

Jan Just Keijser janjust at nikhef.nl
Thu May 16 12:14:10 CEST 2019

Hi David, *

On 15/05/19 19:32, David Sommerseth wrote:
> On 15/05/2019 16:49, Илья Шипицин wrote:
>> it will most probably get lost in mailing list.
>> can we add it to https://openvpn.net website ? something like "performance
>> testing" with full configs provided ?
> Good idea, but maybe not the official corp web pages just yet.  But we should
> definitely have some wiki pages under https://community.openvpn.net/ related
> to how to prepare a good setup for performance testing.

a community wiki page on how to prepar a good setup for performance
testing sounds like a good plan.
However, if I am not mistaken the version of OpenVPN used in the test
was a *Windows* build of OpenVPN3 with a wintun patch included. That is
not open source, is it?  I'd *not* be in favour of writing community
wiki pages on the non-open source version of OpenVPN.

JM2CW,

JJK