WireGuard to port to existing Crypto API

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Nov 19 16:25:57 CET 2019

Hey folks,

Small update on this thread: it turns out that at the same time as I
was stepping toward compromising and using the old crypto API here
with this thread, other kernel developers were interested in
compromising to upstream some aspects of Zinc. The result is that
everybody took constructive steps toward each other, and the first
part of Zinc has been merged:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-crypto/CAHmME9rxGp439vNYECm85bgibkVyrN7Qc+5v3r8QBmBXPZM=Dg@mail.gmail.com/

It's not called "Zinc" any more, and some of the design decisions I
liked aren't there, but I think the lion's share of what we were after
is there, and a few other pieces should be possible to upstream one at
a time.

These steps forward should unlock WireGuard upstreaming, which I
expect to get rolling again soon. WireGuard is probably mostly okay,
but I still do anticipate review with lots of feedback to incorporate,
since now there's more impetus for people to take the patch submission
seriously. I'll keep this list updated as we move forward.

Regards,