Unable to create Wintun Interface

Mark Nichols mnichols62 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 20:04:16 CET 2019

I've just installed Wireguard on Windows 10 64-bit using the msi installer. When I create a tunnel and try to connect, I get:
Unable to create Wintun interface: Error creating interface: Unable to set name of Wintun interface: NciSetConnectionName failed: The requested operation was made in the context of a transaction that is no longer active.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the command prompt as the administrator.

I have validated the tunnel works with the configured parameters on a Mac.

Any suggestions?

Mark Nichols
Discrimination, oppression, and injustice are challenges to be overcome, tools to sharpen our determination, and reflections on the poor character of the oppressor. Lack of opportunity is a calling to create something new and better. If we choose to see circumstances as something to overcome on our way to success instead of allowing them to define us as a victim, we retain the power to pursue our highest destiny.