Wireguard on MacOS Catalina randomly deletes config

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Oct 16 22:34:50 CEST 2019

This appears to be a bug in macOS 10.15. I've informed Apple, and
they're looking into it.

The log file you gave has the line in it:

> 2019-10-10 07:25:16.071772: [APP] Tunnel 'Office' connection status changed to 'invalid'

If you look at your system logs for that timestamp, that will
correspond with a line emitted from com.apple.networkextension like:

> Removing configuration Office because the corresponding VPN application has been removed.

Reverse engineering
/System/Library/Frameworks/NetworkExtension.framework/Versions/A/NetworkExtension
indicates that this comes from the call chain:

-[NEConfigurationManager
handleApplicationsRemoved:completionQueue:withCompletionHandler:]
-->
__90__NEConfigurationManager_handleApplicationsRemoved_completionQueue_withCompletionHandler___block_invoke
-->
__90__NEConfigurationManager_handleApplicationsRemoved_completionQueue_withCompletionHandler___block_invoke_2

So I assume that some kind of inclusion check is failing when it
shouldn't, or some kind of app store notification is being triggered
when it shouldn't.