Windows: "Not migrating configuration" after every Insider update

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 19:19:17 CET 2019

Hello,

Every time I install a new Windows Insider build, I lose my Wireguard
tunnels and get this log message instead:

2019-10-05 18:17:25.495: [MGR] Not migrating configuration from
‘C:\windows.old’, as it is not explicitly owned by SYSTEM, but rather
‘S-1-5-32-544’

Each time this happens, the directory turns out to be owned by
"BUILTIN\Administrators", so I have to manually fix the ownership and
restart the service.

Is this check actually necessary, and if so, could it be updated to
allow the Administrators group?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas