Centos 7.6 wg-quick not working properly

George Lucan boss_geo2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 20:32:41 CEST 2019

Hello,
I have been trying for several days to setup a wireguard vpn and send all the traffic from a VM to another site (redirect gateway scenario).
Site AOS is Centos 7.6 installed with docker and wireguard installed
Site BOS is a Opensense 19.7.4 with wireguard installed from the plugin and a bunch of other things on it
I believe the issue is within Ip route on Centos 7.6 but I am reaching out for maybe different opinions.On the Centos VM I am using wireguard installed from the repos on the website and using systemd to bring up the tunnel. Everything seem to be brought up correctly except that the traffic does not go through the tunnel.
Further investigating I noticed something unusual (in my opinion).
Before the tunnel is up:#ip rule show
0:      from all lookup local
32766:  from all lookup main
32767:  from all lookup default After the tunnel is up:#ip rule show
0:      from all lookup local
32764:  from all lookup main
32765:  not from all fwmark 0xca6c lookup 51820
32766:  from all lookup main
32767:  from all lookup default To me is seems like somehow there are 2 tables named "main" one after the new table created by wg-quick (looking at the priority it seems it is the same one that was present previously) and another one that gets create out of thin air before the wireguard created one named 51820.Ping works through the tunnel for IP to the other end of the tunnel#wg
interface: wg0
  public key: 8JXLXfl1W2xZd1T+zaCKSNB+FhUbb1IquIHvHhY7/iY=
  private key: (hidden)
  listening port: 34559
  fwmark: 0xca6c

peer: 04kTPSrh08X5uOCmL5aM1iCm8UqFHGtJDsrsPReafS8=
  endpoint: 188.27.172.68:1300
  allowed ips: 0.0.0.0/0
  latest handshake: 1 minute, 41 seconds ago
  transfer: 87.85 KiB received, 415.61 KiB sent
  persistent keepalive: every 15 seconds# ping 192.168.249.1
64 bytes from 192.168.249.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=89.5 msIs there any step that I might have missed or any kernel feature that would explain the behaviour?Worth mentioning it is a home env so I can test whatever is needed to get to the bottom of it.
Thanks
George