WireGuard to port to existing Crypto API

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Sep 25 12:14:40 CEST 2019

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM David Miller <davem at davemloft.net> wrote:
> I didn't say "must" anything, I suggested this as a more smoothe
> and efficient way forward.

s/must/should/g? However it's characterized, I think your jugements
and opinions are generally sound, and I intend to put them into
action.

> I'm also a bit disappointed that you felt the need to so quickly
> make such an explosive posting to the mailing list when we've

Explosive? That's certainly not the intent here. The project is
changing direction in a big way. Collaborating with others on the
crypto API will be an important part of that. Announcing the change in
direction, those intentions, a rationale on why it will be okay, and
inviting collaboration is a responsible thing to do at the earliest
opportunity. Better to announce intent early rather than surprise
people or deter potential collaborators by keeping plans secret.