Build fail on OpenBSD 6.5 amd64

Ulrich Kalloch ulli at noc23.de
Wed Sep 25 16:23:45 CEST 2019

Am 25.09.19 um 13:01 schrieb Janne Johansson:

>>> The install Process check that /usr/include/machine is empty.
>>> If not clean it.
>>> I think this part is way off and probably all the way into "bad advice".
>>>
>>> Cleaning /usr/include/machine is wrong, and fw_update seems completely
>>> unrelated to either the contents of the C includes or building WG.
>> but without cleaning /usr/include/machine the install Process fails ...
>>
> I made an amd64 VM to test and it went fine:

> golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/tun
>
> golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/device
>
> golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard
>
> install -d "/usr/local/bin" && install -m 0755 "wireguard-go"
> "/usr/local/bin/wireguard-go"
>
> gmake: Leaving directory '/usr/src/wireguard/wireguard-go-0.0.20190908'
>
> [+] Cleaning up build directory
>
> comptest# ls /usr/include/machine/
>

> _float.h            exec.h              limits.h            rbus_machdep.h
> _types.h            fenv.h              loadfile_machdep.h  reg.h
>
> I think your comp-less box was messed up in more ways than you know,
> probably because of the random "lets poke here, rerun unrelated fw_update
> there" and you had no idea which of your actions made it back into a usable
> shape again. Redo your test from scratch (without skipping the compiler
> set) and post the output on a pastebin.
>
> If there is an error it needs to get fixed for real and not with
> hand-wavingly delete include files needed for other things.

yes .. you are right. Thanks for your time to check.

If i have a Server or VM with comp installed all is fine.

but my first setup was without comp installed and the script fails.

maybe you can build in a check for installed comp before?

The Problem is only if comp is not installed.

Thanks and sorry for the communication madness.

Regards

Ulli