Migrating From Ubuntu PPA to Real Ubuntu Packages

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Aug 3 18:28:24 CEST 2020

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 6:25 PM NoddingDog <lists at noddingdog.org> wrote:

> I'm sure I did apt update after removing the PPA, but just checked
> again:
>
> apt update
> apt install wireguard
>
> Same result - those gke kernels are included as dependencies and "will
> be installed".
>
> Maybe Dell need to fix their bionic-oem repositories?

Ooof, that sounds disastrous. Hopefully Andy is reading these emails
and will fix this issue, but I'll poke him on IRC too.

Could you send me the URLs for the repos your laptop is using? I'd
like to double check the Release files on there. Perhaps just the
contents of /etc/apt or similar, and the name of the kernel package
your system uses?