Migrating From Ubuntu PPA to Real Ubuntu Packages

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Aug 3 18:47:21 CEST 2020

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 6:43 PM NoddingDog <lists at noddingdog.org> wrote:

> Good you've found the issue.
>
> That'll teach me to be an early adopter... ;-)

Sigh. Sorry you're having that experience with WireGuard. Usually
things go quite a bit better with the WireGuard side of things, but
this seems pretty par for the course with _Ubuntu_ and Canonical's
kernel team. We've had perpetual issues over the last 6 months with
getting Canonical to release high quality packages in a timely manner.
A pretty large portion of my time is spent dealing with these bugs and
Ubuntu in general. I'm hoping they can finally get their stuff worked
out and support users properly, and I had hoped that everything was
*finally* in order today, but it seems like it was not meant to be.
Problems continue, alas. I've poked Andy on IRC and hopefully we can
get fixes for this deployed as soon as their procedures and paperwork
allow.