WireGuard macOS App doesn't set system default DNS

Shulhan ms at kilabit.info
Thu Aug 6 15:18:25 CEST 2020

> Hello Erik,
>
> yes, I know that the DNS is private. This is why I have that on my macOS
> configuration:
>
> # …
> AllowedIPs = 10.136.16.0/22, 169.254.169.253/32
> # …

Did you set DNS servers manually in "Advanced" section? If yes, try to clear it.

I use macOS too and everything works fine.

Did the DNS server 10.136.16.2 is the same VM as WireGuard server? If it's in the same VM, maybe you can try the IP address of server peer instead of IP internal of VM.

I hope that give some hints.

Regards,

Shulhan