Starting tunnels without being admin on Windows

Lars Bonnesen lars.bonnesen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 18:42:45 CET 2020

Hi. Based on a recent chat on IRC, I was suggested to discuss the idea of
having non-administrative users use Wireguard.

The issue was the same with OpenVPN which I have been using until now. I
want to be able to distribute a VPN configuration as an administrator to a
non-administrative user so that he(/she) can initiate a tunnel on his own.

It seems I can't do this with the current version of Wireguard, as I am
told to run the GUI from a desktop logged in as an administrator.

Regards, Lars.