wireguard-go: IpcGetOperation: return peers in sorted order

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Feb 15 23:50:24 CET 2020

The show command presently sorts things based on last handshake time:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools/tree/src/show.c#n27

It sounds like you'd like the output of showconf to be sorted too so that
peers have some stable output order; perhaps you have diffing configs in
mind?

The kernel will output peers in the order that they were added, iirc. Maybe
wireguard-go should do the same?

Alternatively, we could sort this in the showconf code? But then we need
some sorting criteria, and people might wish instead for things to match
the input order of the original file.

In other words, either showconf sorts, or wireguard-go retains its input
order. I think I'd prefer the latter. Do you have a preference?

Jason