wireguard: unknown relocation: 102 [ARMv7 Thumb-2]

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:26:19 CEST 2020

Good morning, Jason!

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 00:50, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Hey Rui,
>
> I fixed it! It turned out to be caused by -fvisibility=hidden undoing
> the effect of the binutils fix from a while back. Here's the patch
> that makes the problem go away:
>
> https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/commit/?id=178cdfffb99f2fd6fb4a5bfd2f9319461d93f53b
>
> This will be in the next compat release.
>
> Jason

Great detective work there too! :) I do have to wonder if this is
really a binutils/gas bug, though. From what I could gather, it's only
the kernel module loader which can't (and won't, I remember reading
somewhere they don't make sense for the kernel) resolve
R_ARM_THM_JUMP11 relocations, and using -fvisibility=hidden in a
kernel module seems to send the linker a conflicting message. Anyway,
I'd still open that bug, at least to get a definitive answer. ;)

Thanks a lot,
Rui