wireguard-android Kotlin

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Mar 10 02:36:32 CET 2020

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 7:34 PM Patrick Fitzgerald <paddyfitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've noticed the wireguard-android repo is written in Java.
>
> Has there been much thought put into converting it to Kotlin?
>
> There's an unofficial version of the Android client in Kotlin:
>
> https://github.com/wlaotou/wireguard-kt
>
> Would be glad to help out with the migration to Kotlin.

That repo is a fork of a very old version of Viserion, Harsh's
experiments with Kotlin. Harsh is now working on porting that over to
wireguard-android, which was recently modularized and some Kotlin has
already been introduced. We're trying to take care of ui/ first.

Happy to have all the help we can get. Perhaps poke us on #wireguard
on Freenode and we can talk.